It is no secret that ODM Leader Raila Odinga is one of the wealthiest individuals in Kenya, with a reported net worth in the north of Ksh 55 billion. Despite spending most of his political career in opposition, the former Prime Minister has amassed a significant amount of wealth and assets.
Raila Odinga, born on January 7, 1945, is known for his eloquence and bravery when addressing social, economic, and political matters. However, his success is not limited to the political sphere. He has also made a name for himself in the competitive world of entrepreneurship and business.
The former Kenya’s Prime minister owns a substantial number of assets and companies which include:
1. Spectre International Limited which is the holding company for Kisumu Ethanol Plant. Spectre International is located in Kisumu and is the only company that supplies molasses, a key component in sugar production, in the country. The company also manufactures fertilizer.
2. East African Spectre, a gas cylinder manufacturing plant that was founded by Raila Odinga’s father, the late Oginga Odinga. East African Spectre is the only private company in Kenya that supplies gas cylinders to oil companies.Raila Odinga solely owns the company, which posts profits in billions annually.
3. Multimillion family home suitably located in Karen, Nairobi.
4. Runda home, where houses go for as much as Ksh 100 million.
5. A luxurious holiday home in Mombasa.
6. A multimillion Kisumu home. Raila built his own State House in Kisumu. The house cost him Ksh1 billion
7. Two private choppers.
8. Pan African Petroleum Company.
Pan African Petroleum Company (the firm through which the Odinga family imports and distributes petroleum products).