TikTok has unquestionably emerged as one of the most widely embraced social media platforms in Kenya. Since its introduction to the Kenyan audience a few years ago, TikTok has captured the hearts of hundreds of thousands, particularly the youth.
Distinguishing itself from other social media platforms, TikTok offers users a dynamic space for interacting with audio-visual content. Its distinctive features, including lip-synching, video editing, and animation, contribute to its popularity.
Beyond merely entertaining its users, TikTok has evolved into a hub for talent and a source of employment. In Kenya, creative individuals such as dancers, comedians, and artists utilize the platform to showcase and market their content.
In this article, Public News Kenya delves into the profiles of the ten most followed Kenyans on TikTok, individuals who have turned their presence on the platform into lucrative ventures.
- Moyah David David Moyah stands out as the most followed celebrity in Kenya, boasting over 4.4 million followers. Rising to fame through his distinctive dance style, Moyah gained attention by surprising fans with gifts on the streets. His heartwarming videos have catapulted him to stardom, allowing him to charge substantial amounts for personalized surprises.
- Azziad Nasenya Known as the “queen of TikTok,” Azziad Nasenya was among the first Kenyans to gain fame through the platform. With a focus on dance, Nasenya’s content gained widespread recognition in 2020 when her rendition of Mejja and Femi One’s ‘Utawezana’ hit went viral. Currently boasting over 2.8 million followers, she utilizes her platform for dance videos and brand campaigns.
- Michael Bundi Michael Bundi achieved fame with a viral video showcasing his singing talents alongside his son Fayez. Their unbreakable bond and vocal chemistry have garnered them 2.8 million followers on TikTok.
- Vick Brandon Specializing in comedy, Vick Brandon creates humorous clips shared not only on TikTok but also across various social media platforms. His comedic content has attracted a following of 2.7 million.
- Njoki Murira Njoki Murira gained internet fame for her distinctive figure, often flaunting her wasp-like waist. With over 2.7 million followers, she remains a popular presence on TikTok, despite facing a setback with her account being temporarily disabled.
- Trisha Khalid Renowned for her acting skills, Trisha Khalid graces the screens of many Kenyans. Beyond her acting career, she is a successful businesswoman and a social media personality with 2.4 million TikTok followers.
- Denis Ombachi Popularly known as the Roaming Chef, Denis Ombachi has established himself as one of the best food content creators in Kenya. With over 2.3 million followers, his culinary skills and the catchy phrase ‘done’ have endeared him to netizens.
- Onlylitboy As a dancer and music content creator, Onlylitboy’s unique content involves singing along to music in crowded places while wearing earphones. His humorous approach has garnered him two million followers on TikTok.
- Flaqo Regarded as one of the best comedians and content creators, Flaqo enjoys substantial social media following, with over 1.6 million TikTok followers.
- Trevor Silaz With a follower count surpassing 1.6 million, Trevor Silaz’s TikTok content revolves around surprises. Notably, he combines his entertaining content with philanthropy by visiting street children, providing them with food, flowers, and, in some instances, cash, showcasing a unique blend of entertainment and social responsibility.