Pastor Kanyari Breaks Silence Hours After Sister Starlet Wahu’s Tragic Murder

Pastor Victor Kanyari has broken his silence in the wake of the devastating passing of his sister, Starlet Wahu, a vibrant social media influencer known as Icey Wife.

In a heartfelt statement to Nairobi News, Pastor Kanyari expressed the profound sorrow he feels over the loss of his sister. He shared poignant memories of their final meeting on Christmas and the time they spent together on December 31.

The family was blindsided by the connection between Starlet’s death and a previously unknown man, only learning about him after her untimely demise. Pastor Kanyari grieved the tragic loss, stating, “I am heartbroken; she was thriving in life. This is a profound tragedy for us, the family, and her friends. May her soul rest in peace.”

The circumstances surrounding Starlet Wahu’s death unfolded when a middle-aged man was apprehended by police from the Industrial Area Police Station in connection with the brutal murder.

CCTV footage captured the suspect with Starlet on the night of the tragic event, both entering an Airbnb apartment in South B, Nairobi. The footage showed Starlet, elegantly dressed in a short red dress, walking alongside the man from the apartment’s lift.

However, the ordinary night took a horrifying turn in the subsequent hours, leading to a distress call to the police on the following day.

Upon arriving at the apartment, police officers encountered a grim scene – the apartment was locked from the outside, necessitating them to break in. Inside, they discovered the lifeless body of the 24-year-old woman, lying in a pool of blood in the sitting room area. Police Commander Judith Nyongesa of Makadara revealed, “We found the woman had bled to death. The victim suffered a quick death.”

An examination of the victim’s body unveiled bruises and stab wounds around the thighs, indicating a desperate attempt to seek help that tragically ended near the apartment’s entrance.

As investigators cordoned off the crime scene, preliminary findings indicated that the pair had rented the apartment for what appeared to be a night out. Among the recovered items were an HIV testing kit displaying negative results, used condoms, the victim’s clothes, a mobile phone, alcohol, and a knife believed to be the murder weapon.

Commander Nyongesa emphasized, “The case is still ongoing. We want to find out the motive behind the gruesome murder.”

Detectives traced the suspect’s mobile phone to a local hospital in Nairobi, where he was undergoing treatment for a stab wound. The suspect is currently in custody as authorities diligently work to uncover the motive behind this tragic and heinous act.