Milkah Muthoni Muranga Woman,who disappeared 17 years ago returns home with four grown kids

Wonders never cease, and for a family in Murang’a County, this sentiment rings true as their daughter, Milkah Muthoni, who disappeared 17 years ago, has finally returned home.

Back in 2004, Muthoni left her parents’ home after completing her KCSE exams. She ventured to Nairobi, where she met a captivating man who eventually became her husband. They then moved to Narok, where they had two children. However, their lives took a tumultuous turn in 2007 during the post-election violence in Narok, prompting them to flee back to Nairobi. Unable to withstand the challenges, Muthoni decided to part ways with her husband, leaving behind her two children.

She resettled in Nyeri, where she remarried and had two more children. Together with her second husband, they built a home. Unfortunately, misfortune struck again when her husband was imprisoned in Mombasa, leaving Muthoni alone to face the trials of life. A land dispute ensued, leading to her house being burned down, leaving her homeless and destitute.

With no source of income or shelter, Muthoni resorted to menial jobs in the village to survive. Her children eventually challenged her to reconnect with her roots, prompting her to make the decision to return home after more than a decade.

Just a week ago, Muthoni arrived back in Kagaa village in Murang’a, the place she had left behind 17 years ago. In an interview with Inooro TV, she shared that her children had insisted on visiting their grandmother after hearing about other children visiting their grandparents during school holidays. However, due to the changes that had occurred over the years, she struggled to recall her home accurately and had to inquire at the local shopping center before finally locating it.

The first person she encountered upon her return was her younger sister, who reacted with disbelief at seeing her sister after so long. Her mother, Margaret Njeri, overcome with emotion, welcomed her back with open arms. Sadly, during the 17 years of her absence, her father and brother had passed away, and Muthoni visited their graves, struggling to comprehend the reality of their loss.

Njeri expressed her unwavering belief that her daughter would one day return home, insisting that she always knew Muthoni was still alive. She offered words of encouragement to families searching for their missing loved ones, advising them not to lose hope, as missing individuals may be enduring their own life struggles and will eventually find their way back home when the time is right.