How to check KUCCPS placement for 2023 KCSE Candidates on Mobile phone

The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has recently unveiled the outcomes of the 2023 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates’ placement.

A total of 895,304 KCSE candidates met the criteria for placement in various universities and colleges nationwide, marking a 2.8% rise from the previous year.

Dr. Agnes Mercy Wahome, the CEO of KUCCPS, reported that 85% of the 2023 KCSE candidates who scored C+ and above applied for placement.

Of these candidates, 76.2% opted for degree programs, while the remaining 23.8% chose diploma courses, accounting for 11,991 students.

Public universities are set to welcome approximately 134,743 students, with an additional 18,558 students securing placements in private universities.

There’s a consistent trend where male applicants predominantly secure placements in degree programs, maintaining a pattern observed since the inception of the central placement system.

The combined capacity declared by universities and colleges for training stands at 1,078,806, surpassing the total number of KCSE candidates from the previous year.

In contrast, female students constitute the majority of placements in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programs, a trend observed from the 2020/2021 cycle onwards.

To access their individual placement details, candidates can send their KCSE Index to the shortcode 20842. Alternatively, this information is available on the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) portal.