150 Strathmore University Students Admitted In Hospital due to food- poisoning

A dinner for Strathmore University 4th year students went awry after most of them developed food-poisoning related complications.
The incident which happened on Friday was reported in a press release by the institution’s public relations officer Betty Ngala.

Most of the affected are fourth-year students who had attended the university’s seniors dinner, according to a memo sent out by the university.“This is to let you know of the regrettable incident of food poisoning that occurred last Friday 20th March, to our 4th year students, and staff members who attended the Seniors Dinner,” read the memo, dispatched by Betty Ngala, the university’s relations office
“The University is fully aware of this matter, and has taken charge to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff. Some students have been attended to at the Strathmore University Medical Centre, and others have been attended to in other health institutions,” said the notice.
  So far, more than 150 students have been admitted in various hospitals throughout Nairobi. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *